Here at RTM we offer every lesson imaginable. From total beginners right through to freestyle and off-piste sessions in both Courchevel and Meribel. Feel free to drop us a line if you’re unsure about your level/requirements. We’ll be happy to chat through everything to ensure you get the right lesson for you.
We have both Private Snowboard Lessons and Group Snowboard Lessons available for all levels. We operate our group snowboard lessons primarily out of Courchevel 1850, Meribel and La Tania. Both Courchevel and Meribel have their own free bus services which mean getting around the resort is easy. We run Private snowboard lessons in Courchevel 1850, Courchevel 1650, Courchevel 1550, Le Praz. We also do Private Snowboard Lessons in Meribel, Meribel Mottaret, Meribel Village and La Tania. RTM are all native English speaking Snowboard Instructors so language is never a barrier.
Private lessons are for up to 2 people, but more can be added for a small fee per person. Group lessons are a maximum of 8.
We look forward to riding with you soon.
Group Snowboard Lessons
If you want to meet some new riding buddies, ride with people of the same level and have some good fun then group Snowboard lessons are for you. We offer Snowboard group lessons in Courchevel and La Tania. We also run Snowboard group lessons in Meribel too. Check out some of our feedback here.
We offer a courses of 4 and 5 day Snowboard group lessons. Each session is 2hrs long and usually run from 9:15 to 11:15am or 11:30 to 1:30pm. Groups are up to a maximum of 8.
We have 4 different levels of Snowboard group lessons to cater for all types of piste rider. Take a look below and if you have any questions or would like to book then please get in touch.
Beginner : You’ve never-ever Snowboarded before or you’ve had a taster session before. Perhaps you’ve done a few days Snowboarding before but can’t link turns and you’d prefer to go back to basics.
Beginner/Novice : So you’ve done a few days Snowboarding or maybe got a good few hours under your belt at in an indoor Snowdome. You haven’t quite consistently mastered your turns but can get about on your edges. You can get a few turns in on a Green run/Nursery slope but haven’t turned on Blue runs. You’re looking to increase your confidence and crack it this time!
Intermediate : You have a couple of weeks riding under your belt and can relatively consistently turn on Blue slopes and maybe tackled a Red run or two. You’re looking to take your riding to the next step and maybe try some basic freestyle, off-piste, carving and switch riding.
Advanced : You can pretty much ride the whole mountain comfortably and you’re looking to improve/venture into all aspects of Snowboarding from Freestyle and Off-Piste to Black Runs and high-speed Carving.
|Group Lesson Duration
|Price – All Season
|Each day is 2hrs. Either 9:15-11:15am or 11:30-1:30pm
- Can't say enough about how awesome Kevin Edwards is. Sorry to embarrass you Kev. Top bloke and a must for any snowboarder wanting to improve at any level.Rob
- Kev taught me to snowboard and I did my L1 BASI with him. The courses will be great and your riding will improve massively if you take his feedback onboard.Tony
- I did my Basi with Kev! The dudes a legend! Just wait until you see his euro carves 😉 I can't recommend him enough, any lessons or training you take with him, will improve your riding for sure!! And will be 100% money well spent!Ste
- I can highly recommend Kevin Edwards as an instructor. I have been lucky enough to have received tuition on a private lesson in Courchevel. Great guy, patient and builds your confidence. Hope to have more tuition to hone my skills either home or away again.Rachel
- I'll be doing one of your sessions for sure Kev. I am still enjoying the benefits of what you taught me in my 2 lessons in Courchevel. Anyone thinking of booking , don't think just do...Jo
- I stayed at Chalet Paloma last week and had a small group lesson with Kevin. Just wanted to say how much we all enjoyed it. Kevin was a great teacher and incredibly patient! I got so much more out of the lesson versus my last one ten years ago (not with you guys!) which had put me off trying again... Persevered later in the week trying to put it all into practice and turns were coming along pretty well by the end. Will definitely use RTM again next visit. So if you can pass on my thanks.Nikki – March 2015
- Thanks for the Beginner/Novice 3 day course 2nd, 3rd and 4th March 2015.I really enjoyed it and felt that under Kev’s expert and enjoyable guidance I progressed significantly and was able to tackle a couple of blue runs on my own in the afternoons, with good consistent turns (where is wasn’t too steep). As I hoped, I did successfully ride back to 1650 from 1850 on the Wednesday afternoon - although going down the Prameruel track to Roc Mugnier lift in 1850 was pretty tricky!!! But made it down to the chalet (just off the Mickey slope) without too many issues.Many thanks to Kev who kept us all going and progressing even in the rain, helped by his really really bad jokes!!!We are booked for next year again in 1650 and so if I board, I will contact you for some more lessons.Hugh – March 2015
- “Just wanted to say thank you for booking in my lesson with Kev last week. He was absolutely fantastic, totally patient and improved my confidence no end! I am going to be boarding again for a week in mid-February, is there any chance he makes his way up to Val Thorens for lessons there??”Leia – Dec 2012
- “Just a note to say had a great afternoon with Kev. Please pass on my thanks, both my daughter and I really enjoyed picking up new skills, Kev is a great instructor.”Greg – Dec 2013
- “Kevin was amazing. Our kids were a total pain, I'm sure, and he was great the whole time. Hopefully we live in London long enough to look you guys up again. Thanks for top service!”Shawn – Dec 2012
- “Just wanted to send a quick note, to say thanks for our group lesson on Sunday last week. Kevin was fantastic, really easy to get along with and put us all right at ease straight away. In particular I wanted to say how happy Saz (Sarah) in our group was as this were her fourth trip abroad and she had not managed to link any turns before. Within the one hour lesson with Kevin she was linking turns and was doing so the whole holiday from then on. Her boyfriend Matt was especially happy as it really did mean as a group we could do more for the rest of our time in Meribel.”Abbi & Sarah – March 2011
- “Thanks so much for the pics, really good to see you again. As usual, fantastic service and advice from RTM, Kev did a Brilliant job and is a great addition to the team. I wish you all continued success and hope to catch up with you soon,”Vince – Jan 2011